What wrench size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Do all regulators use the same size wrenches to install and remove hoses from the first and second stages and if so what size wrenches do I need?

Thanks!

On my scuba pro gear, the low pressure ports are 14mm and the high pressure ports are 16mm, if I remember correctly.

Jerry

I'm pretty sure mine and my usual buddy's are different (Zeagle vs. Atomic vs. Edge), which makes me think there may be no standard size(s). What type of regs do you have?

I have a set of HOGS on order. I was just curious if the wrench size is standard (but coming from a cycling background it wouldn't surprise me they were not standard).

I do have the Edge fitting/wrench sizes on file that I could dig out (I measured them last year, when I had the regs in my possession for storage, and my bud wanted to buy tools for them). The Edge and HOG regs are are made by the same company, but I don't know that they are the same, fitting-size-wise. If someone else knows this, I would be happy to look up the Edge data and post it. I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Last edited:
I have Zeagle and I think they are metric 14mm and 16mm. I maybe wrong its been a while. There is not a standard. A cresent wrench is a good bet and a scuba tool that fits your reg kit.

Last edited:
I've found that the hose fitting size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. An inflator hose might be a different size from the second stage hose from the SPG hose etc. For that reason, I keep an adjustable wrench in my tool kit for removing and installing hoses.

Another note: There are some connections where you need to use two wrenches at the same time (one to hold one side to take the strain off while the other turns the other side). Also, I found it helpful to have "thin" wrenches, although I was able to work with just the "normal" tools I have on hand before I had access to the thin wrenches.

I've found that the hose fitting size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. An inflator hose might be a different size from the second stage hose from the SPG hose etc. For that reason, I keep an adjustable wrench in my tool kit for removing and installing hoses.
I do the same except I keep two adjustable wrenches in my save-a-boat dive kit. Plus I have Scubapro regs and they require a special wrench. Another win for HOG regs.

Adjustable wrenches are invaluable. Hog recommends a pair of thin adjustables for doing the service. I found the recommended ones.$ 37 each OR I am fortunate enough to have a nice bridgeport mill and a set of end mils to make my own. So its off to sears and for less than 20 bucks I'm set.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom