Wetsuit questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceanguy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I was thinking about getting a wetsuit for snorkeling during the colder months. I have never used or tried on a wetsuit but wandered how well they work for keeping warm in cold water. Do they provide enough warm for winter snorkeling? Would one need other equipment or clothing to use with a wetsuit?

I have seen people using them to swim, surf, and snorkeling in the colder months and wanted to try one out. Thanks!

Depends on your definition of cold. I wear my wetsuit until mid-October here in CT, when the water temp hits around 55. After that, it's drysuit time.

Try/rent different MM's, 3-5 or 7mm from a dive shop and consider 1 piece-vs-two piece suits...Also whether you might be wearing a vest [and what mm vest you might get] under the suit.....There are several other options/combinations you should consider and try if you can....... Look at LP's web site.......What you wear depends on your tolerance for cold/preference and budget......If you plan on useing/haveing it for a long time get a good one and take care of it.... It's worth it and will last indefinitley.......Boots and gloves will help keep you warmer too......

Back
Top Bottom