Shops to Aviod in Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cheeko

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24

Hey all.

In november I am headed down to Playa del Carmen for a week and want to do at least 6 dives. I am staying at the blue bay grand esmerelda and have heard their onsite dive shop and team are quite nice. Can anyone verify this?

Also are there shops to avoid while on vacation and what do most vacation divers look for in an agency? I dive PADI and heard that 5 star dive centers are a safe bet, but is this alone enough reassurance that I am going to have the best experience witht them? What other criteria do you look for when researching?

Thanks!

Jesse

You'd do better to place this post in the geographical area of Mexico of the website. You also may be better served by asking which operators to consider rather than which to avoid. We used a very good operator , Dive in Puerto Morelos, on a recent trip to Playa Del Carmen for a family wedding.

Best, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom