Red Sea liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scarke

Contributor
Reaction score
My hubby and I are considering a liveaboard in the Red Sea in Oct/Nov of this year with Scubatravel. Hubby has an open water cert (PAD) and has dived in Malta 3 times. I have not scuba dived but love swimming and snorkelling.

Does anyone know which boat would suit us best ? Obviously I need one that has plenty of sunbathing deck with comfy beds etc. Some of the boats look like they only have hard seats on the top deck.
Any other suggestions would be great !

Thanks

I can't advise you about specific boats but I can say that if you're planning on going during the off season that you should look for something as far south as possible... even a boat that goes down as far as the Sudan. The reason being that the water will be cool at that time of the year and interesting creatures like sharks migrate south with the warmer water.

If you're interested in doing a shore diving trip in the south that caters to divers of all experience levels (including beginners) then I can wholeheartedly recommend Red Sea Diving Safaris in Marsa Shagra. It's probabaly a little rougher in terms of luxury than what you're looking for but the house reef is absolutely stunning and even in Oct/Nov the water temps are acceptable and there's lots to see. It's also good for beginners who want to have access to guides if necessary (or desired) but also want to have a chance to dive without a guide and learn the ropes a bit more...

If you're price conscious then a dive camp like this will also costs about 1/3 of what a liveaboard will charge you for the same amount of time in the water.

Just a thought.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom