Jellyfish reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reelmagic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for an update on our Jellyfish invasion. When I was in the Keys (Tavernier) a few weeks back the moons were so thick in places we didn't get in the water. I also read they were thick along Broward county as well, so I haven't drove over to do any shore dives. Just curious if the situation has changed in both areas. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. Anyone from the upper keys have any information?

We're traveling to Deerfield Beach from AZ this weekend. Can anyone tell me if the jellies are still thick there? I haven't seen anything posted about it and was wondering if it got better or not.

Thanks!

I dove all over Pompano Sunday. There are scattered moons, but nothing like a few weeks ago. Although I actually did see one in the canal yesterday!!!

I was closer to Fort Lauderdale yesterday (a little south). I saw a big school as we went over them in the boat but in the 1:15 on the reef saw only one at about 30 ft.

free diving for lobster this past friday and sat, in 12-15FT, near greacian rocks and inside hawks channel and the moons were thick(even a few in my canal system). just called a buddy moments ago who's snorkel boat is @ greacian rocks and he's advised that the jellies are everywhere and he went thru nearly a 1/2 gallon of vinegar yesterday with his customers! no reports yet from the outer reefs ,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Thanks everyone for the posts! We're staying in FLL so we're a little flexible as to where we dive, I'm willing to dive anywhere between FLL and even Jupiter. Probably won't make it to the keys this time.

I normally always get at least a couple dives in with Dixie Divers in Deefield beach.

Do the jellies get thick in an area and stay or is it really different from day to day in any given area? Advisable just to call a shop in each area from day to day? Also, is a .5mm or lycra enough to protect from stings? The Mrs. is threatening not to dive if there are a ton of jellies.

Thanks again!

lycra works for me(as of saturday), having said that, wearing a .5-1mm suit would probably be more suitable, so to speak. and don't forget a hood(lycra or 1mm ),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom