hollywood rock pile yellow brick road question ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idive2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did a search and found some information but wanted to confirm locations of buoy
and rock pile. I looked at google maps and saw the lifeguard tower on the beach
almost even with the south end of the parking lot near Michigan Street. A buoy was
mentioned and the rock pile being slightly north of a buoy. Is the rock pile even with
the buoy or further out and north some ? Also does the yellow brick road start at or around
this rock pile ? What side of the rockpile or at what heading would I find the yellow brick
road ? Thanks for any extra info you may have to offer. I would hate to kick out there and
miss both !

Jeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..........................

Chug
Did the Yellow Brick Road once.........it was cold and hard to see.

Chug
Did the Yellow Brick Road once.........it was cold and hard to see.
Somebody mention rum?? :D :D :D

Did a search and found some information but wanted to confirm locations of buoy
and rock pile. I looked at google maps and saw the lifeguard tower on the beach
almost even with the south end of the parking lot near Michigan Street. A buoy was
mentioned and the rock pile being slightly north of a buoy. Is the rock pile even with
the buoy or further out and north some ? Also does the yellow brick road start at or around
this rock pile ? What side of the rockpile or at what heading would I find the yellow brick
road ? Thanks for any extra info you may have to offer. I would hate to kick out there and
miss both !
Yes, the buoy is straight east of Michigan Street, and the rock pile is slightly north and east of the buoy. You will find some large concrete bricks laid down going east, then the rock pile, then more bricks. The whole area is locally known as the yellow brick road, the road to Bimini, mattress, rockpile, and outlet pipes, take your pick. :) The first set of bricks, rockpile and next set of bricks (about 100 yrds or more long) are all in a straight line perpendicular to the beach. It all starts just past (100 ft or so) where the rubble meets the sand.
To avoid missing anything, I swim out past the buoy, then head NE, find the bricks then drop down. Course if you miss it, there are some nice low profile ledges. There is also a lionfish on the south side, shore facing ledge, I hope somebody can get, if they beat me out there. :)

Thanks Jenny. I dove it today with a couple friends new to the site. I arrived early so I decided to kick out and locate the yellow
brick road. It was farther east of the buoy and to the north then I had remembered. I went north of the buoy a bit and then kicked east
until I began to see a little structure below and dropped down. I followed a ledge to the north then it seemed to turn east and led me
to the start of the road. I surfaced after locating the location just to get a reference from shore. Some of the info I did find was from one
of your previous posts, good info...thanks again.

Last time I dove YBR with Jenny, we got to the open sand at the end of the road and I was greatly entertained by her and her daughter doing cartwheels, handstands, and somersaults in the open area. Talk about an exercise in bouyancy control !!

They also taught me to blow bubble rings on that trip.

Hermit Crab is a blast to dive with!

Yes, Again. Soon.

tumblr_lkfl0nNtUd1qd1ln9.png

Chug
Calls Jenny....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom