Brigade Setup question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys i got my Brigade from you know where...kudos for their excellent service....!!!!

so i rigged up my stuf, as you se on the pictures, my computer is attached to a gate keeper and my octo is also hooked, smb and reel inside the side bags, my mirror is in my left side, u can barely see it on the second picture, the whistle is on my right shoulder...

on the picture showing the tank comes the big question i have, how the BC should be aligned with the tank, i tried and the tank was touching the inflator and at the moment of inflating the bag it squeezed to the tank and as you know it released some are from the bc... so my question is do i have the tank too high?...i did not asked that on the store because i was pretty excited about buying my new set up that u forget lots of questions.

the rear weight pockets go on the lower belt as the picture or it goes on the upper belt, where do u put it?

i still have to put my uk remora knife but i dont know where, so i was wondering where do you guys put it, if it is on the hose, which one, octo, 2nd stage, inflator, computer?....

the last picture seems like an attaching point but i really dont know what it is for...

could you guys help me if everthing is well attached or what can i do better?

brigade_setup.jpg
brigade_setup_bag.jpg
brigade_setup_bag_2.jpg
brigade_whats_this_for.jpg

When I dove a Brigade (now I use a BP/W), I had my knife mounted upside down on my right shoulder, using zip ties.

Your BC position on the tank looks about right. You might need to adjust it up or down an inch or so so it doesn't interfer(hit) your head, but try it in the water a couple of times varying the position a little to find out where it works best. The exhaust/hose connector hitting the tank is normal. If you were releasing air just as the exhasut/hose connector hits the tank, it's probably just coincidence as your also hitting the max inflation point and the over-inflation valve is opening. I dive the Zeagle Brigade as my warm water BC and have found it to be a very good BCwith more than adequate storage, adjustment and lift for all warm water diving. I usually dive steel 100's with it an occasionally a 120. Diving aan aluminum 80 you should never need to use max inflation. If you do your wearing way too much weight and you need to work on your weighting. Good luck with your diving.

One thing that you'll want to watch is the length of the hose for the power inflator. The first one that I had for mine, a 25", was too short and caused problems with releasing air from the wing. The new one is closer to 32" and allow me to lower the tank enough to not hit my head and still release air from the wing. Lowering the tank seemed to help my trim also.

I will second the cutting tool on the right shoulder with zip ties that is where I have my shears on my ET and Ranger. The trim weight pouches used to be designed to work on the lower cam band, don't know about the current ones. Many Zeagle users mount them on the upper cam band to improve trim by moving weight higher up and moving the center of gravity higher on the body. Tank position is personal choice, as long as it does not hit your head it can be moved up or down for trim. If the Brigade want to ride up get the crotch strap, my Ranger ride or flote up on my body. If you do not have the Yellow Weight Thingies get them. They make Putting in weight easier and a lot easeir if you have to hand up weights when getting out of the water on a boat.

Have fun with new BC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom