New tray design questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blibecap

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was looking at the web site news and reading about the new trays for all the housings. I could not locate the information I was looking for and thought I might suggest that it be added to the web site. What I would like to see is either a chart or at least specifications comparing the older tray to the newer tray listing things like weight, buoyancy and if there are any dimensional changes that either effect hand positioning or grip.

I know that some people have larger and smaller hands so if the grip size has changed that would be nice to know. I also think that some people would be more likely to upgrade if the new tray is 1/2 the weight of the old one. I like the new tray look.

When will the 9523.68 SLR-DC Tray with Handles be available and at what cost?

As always Thanks for your great customer service.

Bill

hello,

would be happy to read more specifications too, as I'm on my way to upgrade for the new tray/handle on a 5DmkII housing.
Also, is there any space for the balance weight, when using a 8" dome ?
thanks

Laurent

I will pass along the request for new tray/handle specifications vs. the older style.

All of our DSLR systems are slightly negative so the new tray does not have a provision to accept additional weight. Since the 8" dome port base is now made of aluminum instead of delrin, the housing is better balanced in the underwater environment.

Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Good idea

I will pass along the request for new tray/handle specifications vs. the older style.

All of our DSLR systems are slightly negative so the new tray does not have a provision to accept additional weight. Since the 8" dome port base is now made of aluminum instead of delrin, the housing is better balanced in the underwater environment.

Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

You can find the information here http://www.uwcamerastuff.com/new_handle.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom