Good experience with Ikelite toughness!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

altaskier

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Two weeks ago I was on a dive boat that capsized in 120 feet of water on Lake Michigan (one leg injury, and the Coast Guard picked us up after a bit more than an hour later). My camera was dumped from the boat, sank to the bottom at an unknown rate, and spent around 3 days at 120 feet before being recovered. I'm pleased to say that my Ikelite housing for Canon S95, and Ikelite video light, and Ikelite AF35 strobe, all came up dry inside and with everything functioning! Good job, Ikelite!

Oh nice. I remember reading that other thread. Glad your camera set up survived and that you got it back. Did a lot of other gear get recovered?

I wasn't there on the pickup night, but I think the charter operator and friends did a great job of recovering gear, and the remaining lost things are some gloves and hoods. But I can't say for sure... In my case my gloves and hood were in my dry suit pocket, and I even got my pelican box with car keys back (though the electronic car key was soaked and no longer works as a remote). Still waiting on service report on my regulators and computers, which I brought in to get checked out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom