Selling ALL my gear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tony7781

Contributor
Reaction score
Staten Island, NY - Now you can see why I am tryin
# of dives
0 - 24
I am trying to get engaged so I am selling my scuba equipment. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I finally got around to tasking pics, so if you want to see any pics just message m,e and Ill email them to you. I hate to see all this great equipment get NO use. It sucks that I have to leave this amazing sport behind but I want to start a new life with my girlfriend and this will allow to get there sooner. Serious inquiries only, please dont try to low ball me :shakehead:
I finally got around to take pics of all the gear, so if your interested message me and Ill send you pics

I have lots of little extras like booties, fog gel, orings, whistles, log book holders etc. Ill throw in a little extra for anyone who wants

brand new Large Zeagle Ranger LTD, never touched the water, $750.
Large Zeagle Stiletto (Excellent Condition), used on 3 dives in Cabo, $450.
brand new XL 7mm Camaro Stingray wetsuit, $225
Zeagle Flathead 7 with Din adapter and Tusa mini Gauge attached, used on 3 dives in Cabo $625
Zeagle Octo-Z, used on 3 dives in Cabo, $150
XL Scuba Pro Jet SiFins with XS Scuba Sprinf Straps, $125
Dive Caddy - complete first Gen (All logos blacked out nsince I dont like people to know I was traveling with Dive Gear, $175
Atomic Aquatics Blue SubFrame Mask, $75
Atomic Aquatics SV1 Snorkel, $45
EANX manual and DVD, $35
eRDPml, $10

Suggestion - if there's no rush - go to a dive shop, perhaps the owner, or resident course directory/instructor/dm, would trade.

Or you set them up with a payment plan. My 19yr old son, a new DM here in Montreal, that works in a dive shop, would have loved most of your gear.

I am trying to get engaged so I am selling my scuba equipment. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I finally got around to tasking pics, so if you want to see any pics just message m,e and Ill email them to you. I hate to see all this great equipment get NO use. It sucks that I have to leave this amazing sport behind but I want to start a new life with my girlfriend and this will allow to get there sooner. Serious inquiries only, please dont try to low ball me :shakehead:

You do realize that giving this up for her will only be the beginning?

Geez, at least wait until AFTER you are married before admitting defeat :(

Does she know this?

I'm thinking a woman would not want the man she loves giving up a favorite sport for a ring. She might be flattered that he would, but would not want that . . .

Does she know this?

I'm thinking a woman would not want the man she loves giving up a favorite sport for a ring. She might be flattered that he would, but would not want that . . .

not a Staten Island Princess......

I need the extra money to get the ring, so i have to bite the bullet and sell my gear :(

That, my friends, is true dedication.

Consider my post - sell to a "new" dm that can pay you over time, like 6 months. At the jewelry store, they all accept layaway plans.

Also, I know diamonds. So here's some ring advice:

- go for a solitaire engagement ring
- diamonds vary in price according to color (more or less yellow), inclusions (VSI is more expensive than SI) more than they will about size.
- a .75ct color H and SI set in a solitaire, in 18k gold, you'll only "see" the imperfections with a magnifier.
Such a ring will be gorgeous, and cost less than 1500. Shop around! Stay away from large malls.
Also, "blood diamonds" exist, a certified versus a non-certified, price can vary 50% for essentially "the same thing".

I saw a well priced .90ct F VSI on a white gold solitaire, it was 4999$

So my advice, go for yellow gold, a letter "higher" than H and SI instead of VSI (very small intrusions). However, if you suspect that she knows about blood diamonds, make sure you have a certification.

This line will work:

Honey, it's a fair-trade diamond. It's worth more than a "F" "SI" of the same size but of dubious origins. That Leonardo movie moved me so much...just like when I think of you...

not a Staten Island Princess......

Not to worry, once married, he can save up again to buy new gear with his weekly allowance. Tony, make sandwiches and drink only water, for your 9-5 job, that's the trick married men use to save up money. If you're lucky, you can save 20$ / week ! You'll be diving again in no time!

Well, until you bake kids, that is. Some more advice for the soon-to-be-married, about kids.

Same ingredients, same recipe, yields wildly different results. God has a strange sense of humor; it's not your fault. Some baked kids require little or no icing, others a mile thick and they'll still require more.

Oh, and Jenny Mcarthy is crazy, just read up on Phil Plait (http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/) when the issue of vaccines comes up.

One other suggestion: Moissanite!

:D

One other suggestion: Moissanite!

:D

:rofl3: good one, picture this conversation :

Honey, nobody needs to know. It's all about the sentimental value, not the actual value, right?

Back
Top Bottom