Halcyon Infinity set up recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Life-Is-Good-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

Been a while since my last post, was outta diving for the past 2 years due to a motorcycle accident etc

I'm now ready to get back in the water, and wanted to sell my Zeagle tech BCD, and buy the Halcyon Infinity B/P

I had their B/P set up a few years back, with their Eclipse wing, and loved it

A few questions :

I dive in Florida, mostly with a 5/4/3 warm water diving, usually above 70 degrees

My tanks consist of steel 100's

Should I get a weighted STA ? Or go with the SS Backplate, non-weighted STA

Also, I was thinking of their 40lb wing, as I carry a 19cf pony, along with diving my steel 100, is that overkill ?

Thanks for the help, it's been a while , I appreciate your help

if it was me(and it was-- i just got this setup)... Id go with the sta weight.. Its removable-- so if your diving in the summer with a light wetsuit/shorty then you can just take the insert off the sta.. If in the winter where you need a thicker suit-- or you travel to a place that is a bit colder-- then you have the weight to put in there.. Diveseekers-- its only 45$ to add the weight(so its cheap lead).. The more weight i can take off my waste-- the better.. Though i couldnt tell if you were diving double 100s or a single 100.. But either way-- getting the insert to have, just makes you that much more modular..

As for the 40lb wing.. I went for a 40lb and here is why.. 6lb bp-6lb insert-2lbs reg-10lbs lead/faber95 6lbs/-- right there im up to 29lbs and that doesnt include clips and other things... My thought is-- for a extra 2 inches(size difference from 30-40)-- i was more then covered.. Im good with that..

SS no-weighted and STA

Steel tank AND weighted STA for Florida diving? I'd say that may be too much for 3-mil wetsuit diving. I use the Infinity with weighted STA and steel tank for California diving with 7mm wetsuit. The 30-lbs wing is plenty of lift for me in the current configuration.

Agreed go with the sta weight.

I ordered the SS backplate, 40lb wing, and Weighted STA. I'll probabley take out the weights for summer diving, as I use steel 100's also, so I'll be negitive. So Im figuring with a steel 100, and the SS backplate, no weights around the belt will be needed. In the winter, when I use a 7 mill, I may throw the weights back on the STA

It arrives Monday, cant wait!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom