Sidemount regulator mouth pieces

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karstdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
...no,not really. Sidemount has become a marketing explosion in an industry that doesn't do well when people have limited disposible income due to a down economy. As consumers remember caveat emptor.

I recall when nitrox was a voo doo gas,and was outlawed by DEMA,and not recognized by the training organizations. Then over night it became a marketing bonanza,and you saw anything and everything nitrox hit the market-some good and some junk. Quite a few people got screwed because the assumption it was all good,but there are people out there to make a quick buck.

I learned sidemount when there was nothing and we had to make it ourselves,so personally I have been enjoying the benefits of some marketing efforts by being able to access to stuff that used to be a hassle to make. But,I see some things out there that aren't too good that are being rushed to the market to take advantage of this consumer interest,plus I hear about sidemount instructors who learn to sidemount the same weekend they become an instructor in this specialty.

Good luck and dive safe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom