Couple of dives in Key Largo/Islamorada 9-13-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Nice day out on the water. light chop on the seas and sunny. Viz so-so 30-40 feet (green water again. Snappers reef crazy jellies, Pickles and Davey Crocker almost none
The highlights for today were

4 Green morays
School of Amberjack hunting
Nurse sharks
Sand Diver
Plenty of crabs and conchs moving all over the place
Mantis shrimp and a 2 inch smooth boxfish which was really cool!
The usual schools of all types of snapper
School of goatfish
Unfotunately saw a lionfish free swimming on the reef. First one I have seen in a while
Nice scorpionfish

We were out all day and made it to the dock at almost 8 oclock. Will try and post a few pix tommorrow that the Mrs and I took if any came out well

Last edited:

P9133512_1583_edited-1.jpg

Donna_PicklesCrocker_1755_edited-1.jpg

Donna_PicklesCrocker_1733_edited-1.jpg

Donna_PicklesCrocker_1714_edited-1.jpg

Donna_PicklesCrocker_1704_edited-1.jpg

Nice shots as usual!

I personally like the natural lighting on the sea fan and nurse shark photos. The green water doesn't seem to have caused any problems with your shots.......or you spent hours cleaning up backscatter :D

Nice shots as usual!

I personally like the natural lighting on the sea fan and nurse shark photos. The green water doesn't seem to have caused any problems with your shots.......or you spent hours cleaning up backscatter :D

Thank you today we were out at Molasses all day. What a great day on the reef. Flat calm and about 50 foot viz with no jellies!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom