Anyone heard of San Diego Ocean Foundation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug

Contributor
Reaction score
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753, middle of the 808!
# of dives
Hey Aloha Kelp Divers,

I'm just checking here to see if any of you have any info about a group called the San Diego Oceans Foundation. I participated in a summer Dive-A-Thon event that they held. It was to raise money and awareness for ocean programs. I spent over 27 hours in and under the water for their cause in July. Now that the Dive-A-Thon is over they have not been responding to my emails.

Any thoughts?

Mahalo from Maui!

Nice people, they host the SD bay dive for the Coastal Clean Up Day which happens to be this weekend. I did that dive with them last year. They have an office you can visit that is located in Mission Bay. I can't really add any information about their dive-a-thon since I have never participated in it, but they are a legit group.
Cheers

Definitely a legitimate group that has done a fair bit for the marine environment. Not sure why you aren't receiving replies unless the e-mail address you are sending it to was a temporary one used for the dive-a-thon only. Check for their website.

I sent another message and also a phone call. If they don't respond by tomorrow then I will not be happy. I was awarded the 2011 Diver of the Year Award" from them but never got anything that they promised including the tee shirt I paid for as part of my registration with their event. My emails were sent as replies to previous emails that we had engaged in so the address should be good Bill. Has me wondering if someone got sick or quit over there... :(

Sounds like you're trying to claim one of the Dive-A-Thon prizes. Did you enroll in the "Professional" or the "Recreational" competition?

SDOF is a legitimate organization. Lots of local divers here in the San Diego area participate in the annual Dive-A-Thon. It's definitely a worthwhile event.

I'd be really surprised if the organization didn't respond within 48 hours to a voicemail message left on their main phone line. Did you call 619-523-1903?

BubbleTrouble... That's the exact number I called on Friday last week. I left a message and still no response from them and it's now Monday evening. I tell you what, I'm losing faith in these guys... I have several emails to them: no response. Now a phone message: No response. Sure was different when I contacted them telling them I was having trouble donating money. They got back to me almost immediately then. My how things change...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom