Looking to Get a Group Together for Goliath Diving this week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

We are looking to get together a group to book a goliath charter this week. There are two of us (my wife and I). If we get a couple more we can set our own itinerary (Zion, Tunnels, Mizpah, anyone?) and maybe book a 3 tank all day trip with long surface intervals.

This looks like an amazing season, anyone want to play hookey from work and join us??

Please either reply here or pm me.

We will be out tomorrow with Jupiter Dive Center on a two tank trip that (hopefully) will include the Zion.

Guy

Who is the charter with? And what days?

Thanks,

Jeff

We haven't arranged anything yet. Walker's is open most days this week. Abernethy is booked Wed but will do a charter on the Shearwater if we can get a group of 4 together. Jupiter Dive Center is running 2 tank trips every day but they are not necessarily goliath oriented.

If you have any other ideas please let us know.

We went out this morning. it was rough and very difficult getting around and back on JDC's boat. No reflection on them as their service was great, but it was just bad luck on the weather. They did not hit the goliath wrecks because the chop made a precise drop difficult. Did Area 51 and saw 2. Second dive was mg-111 and people reported about 8. I got sick and could not make the second dive. If we plan a trip we definitely want to check the forecasts for calmer weather.

Jupiter Dive Center regularly does what they call "Wreck Wednesdays." These are two tank dives. The first one is usually a wreck and the second could be a wreck or a reef. Last Wednesday both dives were spectacular. There were between 60 and 100 giant groupers on the Zion Train, Miss Jenny, and Esso Bonaire. The second dive was "Tunnels", 20 giant groupers, a school of snook, and largest collect of huge (up to 5 feet across) southern stingrays I have ever seen in a single dive. This was Palm Beach County diving at its very finest.

I will check with JDC about the Wednesday thing. However it started blowing pretty strong on Sunday morning and there was a nasty 5' chop. It is supposed to blow through Wed and maybe calm a little on Thursday so Friday might be the target day.

SSharkk would you be interested in joining us maybe Friday? Rat-Man you too. I have gotten a pm from someone else so maybe we can get a group of 4 and charter our own boat (most of the small 6-10 person ops will go with 2 or more and we can pick the sites).

Looks like we might be booking the Blue Tang for Friday. Small boat that will go with a small group and let us pick the sites (conditions permitting of course).

Ssharkk and ratman, please let us know if that looks good for you all. 3 tank dive is $90. If interested preferably pm me with your details and I will add you to the booking.

I will probably be working on Friday :(.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom