RG2015 wet breathing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willembad

Contributor
Reaction score
As far away from salt water as you can get in Flor
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Kathleen,

Friend of mine has recently bought a reg set with 2 RG2015 seconds. Both breathe wet and she asked me to take a look at them. Mouthpieces are good and venturi lever o-rings are good. Exhaust valves appear good as well. Diaphragms are not torn but it looks like they are not seated well when the purge cover is installed. Got the rings that hold the covers on as tight as I can but still a slow vacuum leak that seems to be from the diaphragms. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Willem

Hi Kathleen,

Friend of mine has recently bought a reg set with 2 RG2015 seconds. Both breathe wet and she asked me to take a look at them. Mouthpieces are good and venturi lever o-rings are good. Exhaust valves appear good as well. Diaphragms are not torn but it looks like they are not seated well when the purge cover is installed. Got the rings that hold the covers on as tight as I can but still a slow vacuum leak that seems to be from the diaphragms. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Willem

Hi Willem,

The best course of action would be to give us a shout at 800-495-1046. Mike or Jon can trouble shoot for you over the phone.

Best,
Kathleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom