new hollis 2012 16watt led shorty canister

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jimmy,

Voltage and a/h rating on our shorty pack are identical to the longer pack. Only difference is the overall length and battery chemistry - Lithium Polymer to Lithium Ion Until we have a better image available, i have pasted one below. Our old model canister is one the left, new shorty model on the right.

LED16 (2).jpg

Best Regards,

Cool!

What's the cost for the shorty canister only? It'd be a good backup/second battery for my original 16W system.

Which is better overall - LIPOLY or LIION?

Will the price be the same as the larger cannister. Are the Lumens the same?

If you buy the Shorty - and the larger model, could you swap out the canister with each other? In other words - are they threaded identically?

Li ion battery tech has improved 10x in the ladt 2 years lifepo4 are even better, more capacity, better discharge, non volitile if over charged......

It would appear that some distributors are already getting these shipped in....

I just ordered one and it is shipping out to me today!

What??

I dont understand that previous post. lifepo4 - ???

So is LI-ion better OR Li-poly.

He was referring to lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4)--it's reported advantage is that is safer (less combustible/etc in the event of overcharging/saltwater exposure). I'm sure that there is a wealth of information about it somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom