Orcas off Long Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Some lucky whale watchers aboard the Christopher had the trip of a lifetime off Long Beach California on 9/16/11. I edited some of their best shots together for this video. I wish I had been there to shoot my own!

Great article at Orcas In Pedro - San Pedro News Pilot

First blue whales (saw them) now orcas? I wanna see!

My wife and I had the experience of orcas going under our boat in the san juans here in washington. it is a great feeling when the wild has come to visit you, and they look at you with one eye when they go under the boat, its as if they are saying hello.

Thanks for posting

Ok, so I did see Orcas a few days ago then. Was sitting on ship with another Marine saying that he was not seeing what he thought he was seeing. I thought they were moving a little slow for dolphins.... Not sure if they are hanging around, but saw them about 10 miles south of Point Magu (sp?) about 5-6 miles off shore.

thnx for sharing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom