Nikon mirrorless camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We need to wait for more lenses and housing. Anyway I am impress by the choice of a crop factor of 2.7, it is far from the other mirorless (2 for Olympus and 1.3 for Sony)... Impatient to see a 6mm lens.

:D I read the reviews this week on Gizmodo (or was it Engadget?)

I really like the video FPS options. Hopefully 720p will be 60 FPS.

If I can use my existing Nikon D90 lenses, this just might be my next high-end camera, instead of upgrading to the D7000.

Hopefully it will be popular enough for housings.

I heard that it can be used with other nikon lenses via adapter and there is af.
But usually using anything with adapters, af normally doesnt work well.
Then again, if using other nikon lens, then the difficult part is for the housing manufacturer.
They gonna have to come out with something new.
So in the end, i wouldnt hold my breath for an underwater housing for these nikon mirrorless.
Maybe in later models there would be.

Hi,

I had the opportunity to handle one of these critters and liked it! My guess is that they will initially become popular as an "up-scale" alternative to point-and-shoot cameras...and then, with improvements, they will be an alternative to SLRs. If the quality is high and the demand is high, it is almost certain that Ikelite will march in with an UW housing first...but we shall see.:cool2:

joew...

Hi,

I had the opportunity to handle one of these critters and liked it! My guess is that they will initially become popular as an "up-scale" alternative to point-and-shoot cameras...and then, with improvements, they will be an alternative to SLRs. If the quality is high and the demand is high, it is almost certain that Ikelite will march in with an UW housing first...but we shall see.:cool2:

joew...

Ike passed on producing a housing for the Oly and Panasonic so I doubt that they will make one for the Nikon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom