BC relief valve pull handles.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phasechange

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This may seem like an easy question but I can't find any replacement dump valve pull handles for my gf's BC. She wants some that are a bit bigger than the small round pull handles.

I did a search and didn't find any ..

a tip for finding an errant pull dump handle is to first find the valve and follow the line ... and note, some handles are buoyant and float up from were you might think they are

Regular use of the dump valve will train her muscles as to where to reach for the handle and shell find it much easier after only a few dives

Look around dollar, toy, sporting, dive, and hardware stores until you find something the suits her. You might need to drill a hole in whatever you find. It doesn’t have to be spherical, but should resist snagging.

Last edited:
yeah, you can use whatever you want. or, just cut them off & tie a knot in the line - then all she has to do is find the dump & follow the line.

I replaced my front/top one with an orange plastic teen-ager's bracelet about 2" in diameter that I got at a yard sale for a quarter. Seldom use the bottom/rear one except to empty any water after the dive.

Back
Top Bottom