Key Largo - Dive Operator recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dank23

New
Reaction score
Hi,

We will be visiting Key Largo for a 3 day diving trip. This is our first trip to the area (hence we will need guided dives) and we are both advanced open water divers. Can you guys recommend a dive operator that is not a cattle boat and can provide us a good experience, i.e. take us to good diving points, etc.?

Thanks a ton.

PS: A diving package with accommodations would be even better for us.

'Google' Rainbow Reef.

Pirate Island Divers at the Key Largo Marriott, Dive op is on site next to beach.

Don't forget the Dolphin Adventure right down the road, it was a blast.

I've heard good things about HMS Minnow, and I've dove with Rainbow reef. Rainbow Reef will go out with 1 or more. On this last weekend they had a crowd on board, but it was managed well. The dive group appeared to have their own instructor, and stayed to themselves underwater. It looked liked there was an AOW class happening (deep to Spegal Grove, and navigation at 5 caves).

Hi,

We will be visiting Key Largo for a 3 day diving trip. This is our first trip to the area (hence we will need guided dives) and we are both advanced open water divers. Can you guys recommend a dive operator that is not a cattle boat and can provide us a good experience, i.e. take us to good diving points, etc.?

Thanks a ton.

Just ask your selected dive op for recommendations.

Key Largo Dive Center | Reefs to dive for! mselaneous treated us wonderfully, they dive a six-pack (I think six) and the Cap'n was a peach!

I drive down to Key Largo a lot and always try to use Horizon Divers. They have an 8-14 person 30' Island Hopper and a 45' Corinthian catamaran. I also like that their boat is 20 feet from the dive shop and I can even shower at the shop after a dive. I also like to hose off my gear instead of dumping in a tank and they have hoses available right next to the boats. Their dive and especially nitrox prices are also really good. There's just little details about them I like, but it's all just my personal preference.

I've been with some other operators down there and Pirate Island is also nice and convenient.

I've heard really good things about Conch Republic, but haven't gone with them yet. I will hopefully soon though.

Hi,

Thanks a ton.

Hi Dank23, I have a 12 passenger Island Hopper and a 6 pack Delta, so I can offer you a personalized experience. As you are AOW, I doubt you would need a guide on the reefs (they average around 25') however it would be a good idea for the wrecks.

I have a good 3 trip package rate and also get discounted accommodations at most of the hotels. Drop me a PM or call my cell (305)395-1194 if you would like any further info. When are you coming down? I may be able to guide you if Im not teaching.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom