S100 to fit in S95 housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dunx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,
I'm wondering if there's any chance the new Powershot S100 will fit inside my newly acquired S95 housing? Perhaps with a mod similar to the s90 inside the s95 case? I bought my s95 setup the day before the s100 was announced. I love my s95 but i love the idea of the 1080p video feature of the s100.
It might be too early for you guys to tell, but I'm really hoping this will be the case!

Dunx,

Although the the camera designs look nearly identical, dimensions are different. The S95 housing is machined specifically for the exact dimensions of the S95 camera. Since the S100 dimensions are slightly different, it probably will not just drop in the S95 housing without machined modifications.

Until we actually receive the S100 for a full evaluation, I cannot say whether we will offer only a dedicated S100 housing or an additional upgrade option for the S95.

Regards,

Thanks for the response Brett, that's what I thought.
keeping my fingers crossed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom