How do you say No to diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melanie.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So here is my situation - I take the LSAT in 4 days, I still don't have a job, running low on funds, yet I still can't say no to diving!

See tomorrow are the last Wednesday dives of the season, and they are so much fun. We have a BBQ on boat and relax for a few hours between dives. And Thursday are the deep dives, which I have missed for the last few weeks because of sprained ankle and no buddy..

So I really, really shouldn't be going on these dives. I mean my LSAT score determines whether I will get into law school or not. Pretty life-changing event that I really should be spending all my time preparing for. And if I am not doing that I really should be pounding the pavement some more looking for employment.

But I am not, I am going diving! Wish I had discipline to say no... Can you say no to diving? If so...how?? :D

Last edited:
For me it is very simple to not go diving. I just replace diving with SEX!!! :)

HAHAHAH love it!! Cept im single.....

Is a couple of days of cramming going to make that big a difference in one's LSAT score? My understanding is no- it wouldn't make THAT much of a difference. One's state of mind, otoh... Relaxed and ready to go vs. full of pent-up tension from not diving... Well I'm definitely seeing how that could negatively impact ones test-taking abilities. Just mho!

Why would you, seems your content, and get a job in the diving business, you will make millions, law school will cost millions.

Actually I have not a clue on how to say no to diving.

You guys are not helping the cause... LOVING IT! lmao

And it is true, I do need to relax to do my best. And no cramming won't significantly help. But doing practice tests to get my mind in shape will.

And really, I missed out on 4 dives last week to study, even 2 wrecks :depressed: So now I must go diving to regain my equilibrium!

The more money you make after law school, the more goodies you can buy for scuba diving. Of course, on the down side, you'll have mountains of debt and be working like a dog, assuming you can get a job in this economy. Diving sounds better and better...

For me, cramming ALWAYS helped. Study study study, ace the test and collapse. Remember, marks are what counts. I'm not kidding. I always took that attitude--well not as much when I got into music and diving--but habits are hard to break.

You've got a long life ahead of you (hopefully) after this next few days. I'd recommend spending the next few days doing whatever is going to make the rest of your life turn out the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom