Scuba Tank Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lss96

Registered
Reaction score
Is it ok to store a filled tank in outside shed where the wether can get cold (Canada). Or should I be keeping it in the house?

Aluminum or steel? What else is in the shed? Chemicals? Gasoline? Lawn mower? Are you thinking of leaving it outside over the winter? What part of the country/how cold? (Might help if you could fill in some of your profile. See link at very top of page.)

It may be safe outside (maybe not so good if you live in Thompson, Manitoba). Heat is worse. I keep them in the house so I don't even have to think about them.

I keep mine in a closet inside the house. Garages are for cars and lawnmowers.

I agree with scuba BB. Also, huge temperature variations, like the extreme cold in Canada, will weaken o rings and all fittings. I had to take a "PSI" class as part of the training at my dive center to be a divemaster, involving tank filling, safety, storage, reading the obscure markings and etc. We were taught to store tanks in a cool dry place (50 to 80 degrees F,and with a fill anywhere from a 10% capacity load to 70% capacity load. That's what I have done for years to good effect.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom