Looking for help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquacarnet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Greetings All;

We're in the process of creating a great online tool for every SCUBA diver. It's called Aqua Carnet - the French and English free online scuba logbook/toolbox. It started exactly one month ago and already you can log your dives, download your entire logbook in CSV format, add photos to each log, search for other members/logs, and more! The website is updated daily with new features. Our team is working extremely hard to make this website the best online tool for SCUBA divers across the world. Though this website is new, the team has been together since 2008 and we're still going strong!

Please feel free to check out AquaCarnet.com and tell me what you think! It won't be in "beta" for much longer, so if you want to share your ideas and see them blossom now's your chance!

List of features to come:
- Printable PDF of your logbook
- Add video to each log
- Share your log(s) on facebook
- Add log from mobile device (already do-able but not as easy as we want it to be)
- Dive Buddy address book
- Commenting system
- and more!

If you have some ideas for our website and you don't want to join yet, please respond to this thread with your ideas or email them to support@aquacarnet.com

Thank you for your time!

Aqua Carnet Support Staff
AquaCarnet.com : Online Scuba Log

pages.jpg

Without the ability to import data directly this is not going to catch fire. Anyone who has migrated from paper only (the ones that didn't won't trust you anyway) did so by moving to a computer they can upload the data from to primary or second software like divining log 5 or mac diver etc. If a good common data import is supported folks might use that but... to ask forks to do hand entry on data for the sake of adding to a website (one of many), I have some trouble seeing how that is going to grab folks.
In general nice design though :).

Thanks for your response. If Diving Log 5 has a CSV export format, then it will be simple as pie to add an import option for it on AquaCarnet. I'll add that to my list of things to get done :)

Sure, the question is what format? Along with their own format (think it's just sql actually) Diving log 5 can export a bunch of different one's. You probable want to focus on whatever can be leverage across the most apps (though CVS will loose any rich data).

Another way to go, and I'm not trying to advocate for any particular app, is work directly with dive log to get on their web export list. Looks like they support a half dozen or so sites for web upload/export.

Anyway let me know, I can send you over a file no problem.

My PC-based log is more convenient than paper logs because I can download data directly from my dive computer. I have found, though, that it has suffered as I've changed computers and operating systems, and the last hundred or so dives went unlogged. Something in the cloud would be nice, but I have a little paranoia about the cloud. How do you get paid? Who do you sell my email address to? What data do you attach to it?

Grifon - I would appreciate it greatly if you could send me some diving log 5 files. Preferrably CSV or SQL (but i'm not sure what else they can export to).

Vladimir - It would also be great if you could send me a few of your dive computer files (CSV right?) and i'll soon have support for that. The problem I'm facing is that in order for my website to provide "good" data I need to make some fields required (lognum, date, lat/lng, country, depth, duration, etc) and your dive computer might not provide all these fields. I will figure something out though. Maybe a batch edit or something.

As for how I get paid. Don't worry about me! I get paid to make websites already. This is a side project that I'm doing for fun. I want to eventually get a job related to SCUBA diving so think of this as my foot in the door. I can use this on my resume to help prove my dedication.

We have a privacy statement that clearly says we will not give out or sell your email address.

send the files to support[at]aquacarnet.com if you could :)

Last edited:
After clicking on the link in my email to verify my account, I got the following error message.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)' in /home1/tikoravi/public_html/ac/_/inc/include.php:6 Stack trace: #0 /home1/tikoravi/public_html/ac/_/inc/include.php(6): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=loca...', 'tikoravi_aqua', 'Carnet5scuba!') #1 /home1/tikoravi/public_html/ac/verify.php(2): require_once('/home1/tikoravi...') #2 {main} thrown in /home1/tikoravi/public_html/ac/_/inc/include.php on line 6

That would mean the SQL server is not responding politely for whatever reason. Probably its currently down :p

Other than that it would of course also mean theres some exception handling to be done :p

Wow you found quite a big glitch. I went ahead and made an error catch for that (and changed my database login information). Most likely my hosting service went down temporarily. That's the only thing I can think of. Try it again and let me know what happens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom