Need info on the Clearwater/ Tampa area please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeckyTV

Reaction score
We will be in the Clearwater area for a few days of R & R and need suggestions on where to stay on the beach that is fairly reasonable.
Are there any good snorkeling areas in that area? from shore or by boat?
Any suggestions to that area would deeply be appreaciated.....we are having withdrawals and need some sand between the toes...and
I have a new Patima Smart III underwater housing that needs to get wet!

There is "as far as I know" no where to Snorkel in Clearwater/Tampa.

Clearwater has about the nicest beaches around, GREAT SAND, but you will not find much when you snorkel from the beach. You can go out almost to the edge of the marked swim areas, and find sand dollar fields, some crabs, snails, but no Reef to look at and very minimal visibility.

If you want to go to the beach, Clearwater is the spot. There are also some dive boats that go out from there and run 2 tank dive trips. The boat ride out is about an hour or so out. I have only dove with Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters, they are about a 8 minute drive from the beaches. They usually one trip a day, and it usually runs about $85 for the trip, not counting air.

I know there are other boats, 6 packs that run from around here, but have never used them. You can probably find others but that is what I know.:)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom