Where to dive at Ningaloo, Exmouth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johanan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!

Can you tell me which are better diving places at the Ningaloo Reef, West Australia? Is Exmouth a good place in November? And which place from Exmouth? Muiron Islands? Lighthouse Bay? Navy Pier? Somewhere else? I'd appreciate a good advise!

Thanks!

Janis

You oughta get hold of Alcina on this board who lives there. That's got to be a killer trip from Latvia to western Oz.

Hey Janis, I dove Ningaloo from Exmouth a little over a year ago (September). Lighthouse Bay and Muiron Islands are daily dive trips from there. The Navy Pier is also local, and is considered one of the top 10 dives in the world...and I'd agree, just an awesome dive (huge groups, wobbegongs, lots of gray nurse sharks, even lots of macro like nudibranchs). Water was 23-24 in September and vis was ok, so water at least should be even warmer in December. You can dive all those places staying in Exmouth. I dove with Ningaloo Reef Dreaming primarily because they had the contract to dive the Navy Pier so I figured why not dive the whole week with them...really had no complaints, but there are several other operators in town. Be prepared, diving prices are ridiculously high in Australia and Ningaloo is no different...I think I remember a two tank Navy Pier dive was over 200 AUD and its a shore dive!! Exmouth is also difficult to get to either a long drive or expensive flight from Perth...but its definitely worth it and you should go if you get a chance

Be prepared, diving prices are ridiculously high in Australia and Ningaloo is no different...I think I remember a two tank Navy Pier dive was over 200 AUD and its a shore dive!!

Yeah, 210 AUD, that struck me, too. Did you do also the night dive at the Navy Pier? Is it something special to go for or was it just less light?

Tom Winters:
That's got to be a killer trip from Latvia to western Oz.

Yes, indeed! 22 hours flight time, 10 000km in two weeks with 4x4 wheelers - Gibb River road etc. - concluded by diving at Ningaloo, and a flight back to Latvia!

Thank you both for your posts! They really helped.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom