Galapagos, Sept - 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetvet

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone;
I posted this on the main site, but just noticed the trip section here, so thought it might be more appropriate here.

I am organizing a trip to the Galapagos next September 1-8. I have 6 of the regulars signed up, and still have 4 spots available. I would love to fill it with local people. We are likely going to go a couple days early and kick around Quito for a couple days to make transfers easier, and see some local color. If you are interested, please message me on SB. When I booked the trip, it was the last group slot available, so it is a pretty popular destination for this time. It is right in the height of whale shark season, and we are diving on a new boat M.Y Wolf (its maiden voyage is this month) from Buddy Dive. You can see pictures of the boat, as well as the itinerary at Welcome to the Buddy Dive Liveaboard website .
The price is fairly reasonable, all things considered, and the group is laid back and a lot of fun.

Cheers

Mike Petrik (wetvet)

Two of us - I have to determine airline costs. From Montreal, using expedia.com, roundtrip to where?
San Cristobal?

To me, a toss-up between this trip or Thailand in March 2013.

[Edit:]
Yikes! Just saw the price. I can do back & forth Thailand with a liveaboard for 6k, two people. Not counting "getting there" it's 4.1k per person?!?

Yep, trip of a lifetime, for sure. I could only afford this once. Too bad I don't have (anymore) the equity in my house.

Hi Mark

I haven't checked flights from Montreal, but expect the flight to be ~$1300 from Toronto. With the $4150pp cost of the liveaboard, and misc costs, I expect the bottom line to be close to $6000 per person. I realize this is an expensive trip, but it is actually a fair bit cheaper than some of the other options for the Galapagos.

Please let me know if you would like more info.
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom