LDS Rental Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pjdc1

Contributor
Reaction score
Got a question.....

The LDS near me is have a 1 day only sale on all
of their rental gear. Everything is on sale at
" No resonable offer refused " prices.

Im thinking of getting a 7mm farmer john and
an AL 80. Also looking in a reg.

Should I ???

coming from an LDS it "should" be in fairly good condition.

You might find something catches your eye...

On the other hand, they might be selling it because it is near the end of its service life.

Check out the condition of everything you are considering buying, and pay a price that makes it worth it to you.

Occasionally you find a bargain. I found an almost-unused wetsuit for my fiance'. She is tall and thin and wears a women's medium - tall. Suits like that do not get rented a lot.

Even so, I still had to stitch up the velcro, which had begun to come loose.

Aluminum tanks are great for boat diving. I would not want to march with them along a beach or shoreline. You normally need about 6 extra pounds of ditchable weight with them. You do not notice the extra on a boat dive as much, but walking to the water you do.

If you get a regulator, have it serviced right away, after you buy it. You will not be entitled to a warranty, unless it is unused and right out of the box. So the hidden cost will be the purchase price of the future parts needed each year. Of course, with some brands, that is always a hidden cost, warranty or not.

Make sure the B/C fits exactly, and has everything you want. Do not succomb to the pressure of the store giving you a great price on gear that does not fit. I also hate when shoe salesmen try to do this as well at a shoe store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom