Best dive boats near New Orleans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rebreather Dave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to be in New Orleans the week after the Dema Show ( Novermber 7 to 11, 2011) and am looking for a good place to dive within driving distance of the City, (two hours or so). Does any one know of a day charter boat or dive shop that I can hook up with?

The closest charter you will find will be the Gulf Shores area. I can't say if there are any actual charters (Louisiana / Mississippi) for the rigs as most spearfishers belong to clubs and use their own boats. Last I heard there were none and the drive for that is generally like going to Pensacola anyways. Gulf Shores and Pensacola are probably going to be your closest. Both do the Oriskany. Gulf Shores also does rigs.

Echo the above from Spd 135.

Make it a 3-hour drive and you're in Pensacola (call mbtdivers.com) or Orange Beach (call downunderdiveshop.com). Both will get you out to some decent diving. Spearo stuff out of Venice or somewhere downriver is spotty, but ask at Harry's Dive shop in Metairie, maybe you'll hit on something. Advantage there is you might get a ride with a spearo. They're all pretty crazy.

Round Island Divers of Pascagoula, MS does charters, they say. Hope to do one with them and Down Under Divers of Gulf Shores when we "snowbird" this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom