Compair Compact 6 for sale $600 obo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbrady

Registered
Reaction score
This Compair Compact 6 compressor has a broken connecting rod. I need either a block for this Compair Compact 6 compressor or sell the motor and frame to someone who needs it. I've had no luck finding a new connecting rod.

Compact 6 web sites:
The Trading Post: Compair Compact 6 Compressor
Aerosub high pressure compressors Mod. Compact 6

Picture of my unit:

compair compact 6.jpg

These pumps should run 1600 rpm but to compete most in Europe are set at 2200 rpm. So a short hard life.

Although you don't say what stage broke, a replacement con rod and carrier bearing set cant be that
expensive. The manual below also shows the crankshaft and wrist pin end bearing are same for each stage.
A quick email to them to price up parts would be my first move, you will take a big hit if you sell non working

http://www.olmeva.com/english/manuali/Compact 6.pdf

The pump is similar in size and shape to the Rix SA-3. By comparison a SA-3 con rod
1st stage is $20, the 2nd stage $28 and 3rd stage $53

Either way always good practice to know price of spares and availability before purchase.

If that's true, you have just saved me a bundle. It's the 1st stage rod that broke. I've been trying to find a parts supplier for this for months. Soon as I return from coz I'll write them. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom