Shore Diving this Weekend???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ermaclob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
this weekend i just happen to have free time to go beach diving to Daina Beach, but it seems the weather is going to be nasty. me and my body have dove bad weather before but there seems to be a Rip Current Statement in effect till Sunday.

is it a good idea to go? has anyone gone these last few days? :idk:

Advice please

Thanks

Water will be rough, visibility will suck, a good weekend to do something else

Yes, was at the beach this AM. these conditions will persist all weekend, and now they are talking tropical weather on top of the Northeast winds.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE COWARDS!
GO FOR IT!!!
Chug
(please tell me when and where, I will meet you with a bunch of my friends and a case of beer, it ought to be fine entertainment.)

NOT.

:( ......if only i could make this sad face bigger...... waite a sec...... :[

Would Blue Heron Bridge be bad too? Not sure how the rain/weather would effect the viz there.

I'm all for diving, but this weekend seems like it'd be pretty rough. I don't think visibility would be zero, but the surge and current would have you swimming in circles.
It happened to me, and that wasnt even in waves this big.

Would Blue Heron Bridge be bad too? Not sure how the rain/weather would effect the viz there.

It is absolutely an option.
The world will be there this weekend.
If you are just crying for a dive, go for it and enjoy.
Actually, I ought to bring my beer there and watch the festivities, it's probably going to be more entertaining than the average boat ramp on a early summer holiday weekend.

Chug
Not divin'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom