SEI Diving/ PDIC International announcement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
"The office staff at our S.E.I. world headquarters has been busy preparing for growth and changes that will benefit each S.E.I. instructor. During the last year we have been in conversation with another training agency and as of October 1, the offices of PDIC International are being moved from Scranton, Pennsylvania to Muncie, Indiana, to be included in the S.E.I. facility. Mr. Mel Murphy, former CEO of PDIC will continue to be involved, however day-to-day operations will be handled by the Muncie staff. By partnering the two agencies, available resources can easily be expanded to serve instructors from both organizations including extended hours of operation and additional materials."

Note that I have not yet had a chance to talk with anyone in Muncie about this so I don't have any more details right now. I did have a conversation with a former PDIC Instructor Trainer last night who feels this is a good thing. I will be attempting to call HQ next week for more info and attending the informational meeting at DEMA. I will keep everyone up to date on things as they develop and as I am made aware of them. If any SEI instructor or PDIC instructor needs more info please call HQ in Muncie as they will be able to give better answers than I can at the present time.

On a personal note I like this new development and am looking forward to the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom