Received my Hollis 16W LED Shorty today!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Seems nice. I hope the battery lasts as long as they say, and that it is as bright as reported. IF yes to both - I will be a happy diver! - The cannister seems small but I have read it was just dead space that was eliminated. I do like the small cannister - takes up a lot less space on my waist!

Charging right now -Diving it tomorrow and I will report!!!

Is this in addition to the original canister? If so, I'd love to see comparison photos and report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dove the light in the deep, dark North Atlantic yesterday. 4 Dives between 99 and 111 feet. Very little ambient light.

I love this light. The Cannister is so small that you hardly notice it on your waist. This is a HUGE benefit compared to the giant cannisters of the past. I cant speak for battery longevity but as for burn time available with a new battery - I ran mine for right around 3 hours and no issue at all. If the advertised 4 hours is correct - then I will be happy.

The beam is PERFECT for what I need - a Very tight, Very bright hot spot that seems to cut through the murky water....AND - a nice halo without to much wasted light trickling to the side, but enough to see a good field of view outside of the hot spot. I couldnt have thought out a more perfect combination of tight beam with jsut enough light outside the beam.

I had a few guys comment about how bright my light was.

I do have a little moisture in the light head - but it doesnt look like it flooded - just a little moisture. I will watch it, and may be call Hollis/Light Monkey to see if this is normal.

I am glad you like the light, and you got a smokin deal too, Let me know if you need anything else-EZ

I am glad you like the light, and you got a smokin deal too, Let me know if you need anything else-EZ

Thanks for the advice on the light - Im not sure who I spoke to when I called - but someone was VERY helpful. I was waiting until next year for a new light - but I thought the deal on the light looked to good to be true. I thought there had to be a catch based on the price, but there appears to be no catch!!!! I cant wait to dive it again! BTW - thanks for the fast shipping as well!

Looking at my light and comparing it to pics- when/why did they change the head from Aluminum to Delrin?

Id still like to get an answer from Hollis on the When/Why. Seems everyone uses Aluminum heads - what are the advantages/disadvantages of switching to Delrin? Not that it matters - I already bought the light. Im just one of those people that likes to know everything I can about my equipment.

Thanks for the advice on the light - Im not sure who I spoke to when I called - but someone was VERY helpful. I was waiting until next year for a new light - but I thought the deal on the light looked to good to be true. I thought there had to be a catch based on the price, but there appears to be no catch!!!! I cant wait to dive it again! BTW - thanks for the fast shipping as well!

M-Y,

Glad you are enjoying your new light! Switching to Delrin was based on a new design which included a reduction in weight both in the canister body and light head itself. There was also a minimal increase in corrosion resistance and less noticeable damage from scratches and dings.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom