Where do you go for your Surf and Water info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
I live 60mins from the beach so I try to use the websites for Surfers but are there any that are perfect for Divers? I would like to dive on Monday and I'm getting mixed info on the quality of Laguna.

Eco dive center has some good links....click on resources, then diving conditions, then go thru each site for a real time full view of the ocean

Also, asking about current conditions on here has usually resulted in good information.

I will take you up on that... I am in need of some diving and I cant afford the boat or the ride to Catalina. Any recommenations for SO Cal shore diving this Friday. The surge has of late been killing me at the bottom.

I use Surfline.com, so does my buddy Frank. It gives you almost too much information and it is geared towards surfers, but the 4 day near shore Lola forecast is invaluable You can see a much closer view of our coast line and what coves / beaches are actually getting hit or not hit by swell. Basically it's much more detailed than the aforementioned forecasting tools.
For example, Palos Verdes is my home reefs. It is a peninsula so naturally it faces three different directions, North, West, and South. With the Lola 4 day nearshore forecast you can see that this south swell has closed out Marineland, but Christmas Tree cove (west facing) and Flatrock (Northwest facing) still look diveable. Seriously we rarely ever get skunked using this tool, only thing is to get full access you need to PAY! BUMMER! Well worth it if you live far away though.

Back
Top Bottom