PADI Advanced Diver Tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrv331

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking to take some of the advanced open water classes. Through Craigslist,EBay and friends I've been able to buy most of the books used. Problem is they are missing the test questions that must be turned. Is their any place I can get the questions from? I'm not looking for the answers or some scam, just can't see re buying some of the stuff I already have. Thanks

John

standards dictate that you complete knowledge reviews and turn them in to the instructor to review with you. Sorry but you would have to buy the book again.Thats why the used books you have are missing the pages. Do not take the issue to the instructor about this.Take up the issues with the people you purchased the book from.They knew full well that the missing pages would create a problem for you.

What versions of the books do you have? Some things have changed and fact is that no one now needs to turn in questions pages from out of the books. That just destroys the books. I hope you didn't pay more than a couple bucks for anything missing pages. Also if you look around and find an independent instructor you may not need the questions as they will cover the material in the classroom and give you their own test made up from the questions in the book. Copies are acceptable to be kept on file. I never tore pages out. My PADI OW instructor just had me photocopy them.

If I were you... I'd look at the digital version of the manual.

What versions of the books do you have? Some things have changed and fact is that no one now needs to turn in questions pages from out of the books. That just destroys the books. I hope you didn't pay more than a couple bucks for anything missing pages. Also if you look around and find an independent instructor you may not need the questions as they will cover the material in the classroom and give you their own test made up from the questions in the book. Copies are acceptable to be kept on file. I never tore pages out. My PADI OW instructor just had me photocopy them.
Jim is correct about not turning in pages out of the book.Copies are acceptable.But the instructor must verify that the work was done. Many instructors still want the pages/copies for their files as proof student actually did the work.If a PADI course it has to be the krs from the PADI text.Instructor cannot use his/her own made up kr's or exam and require it for certification.There is NO test for the advance course,just the knowledge reviews (homeworks).

I'm looking to take some of the advanced open water classes. Through Craigslist,EBay and friends I've been able to buy most of the books used. Problem is they are missing the test questions that must be turned. Is their any place I can get the questions from? I'm not looking for the answers or some scam, just can't see re buying some of the stuff I already have. Thanks

John

The alternative is that you actually learn what you have to learn. The objective is not to get through the test regardless of whether or not you know what you're doing... that's for LSAT's... In a diving course the objective is to actually learn it.

Stop what you're doing and start reading the books you have. That's the best and only way to get out of a diving course what you need.

R..

I knew the test pages were missing when I got the books. I just figured I'd try to find the test questions first before buying new books. I
Have several copies as well as some digital versions, there's not much that can't be found on the 'net, but I want to do it right.

One thing that was mentioned is what I'm aiming for, I want to learn the stuff but I don't need another Padi card to carry around. I'd rather just pay an instructor to tKe me out and teach me. I don't need a Padi card that say I can read a compass I just want to be able to.

OK. Then do what you say that you want to do. In other words: Hire an instructor to take you around and teach you what you want to learn. Sheesh.

I have an "acquired" digital copy of the manual on my other computer. I can send you a link if you wish, but it will have to be after I get home (after Canadian thanksgiving).

I knew the test pages were missing when I got the books. I just figured I'd try to find the test questions first before buying new books. I
Have several copies as well as some digital versions, there's not much that can't be found on the 'net, but I want to do it right.

One thing that was mentioned is what I'm aiming for, I want to learn the stuff but I don't need another Padi card to carry around. I'd rather just pay an instructor to tKe me out and teach me. I don't need a Padi card that say I can read a compass I just want to be able to.
If it is an instructor taking you out to teach you he/she still has to get kr's and have you sign all medical/liability/agreements to work with you.Its a liability thing.Issuing you a card on completion is only your best interests as many charter operators will not let you dive certain dive sites unless you show an advance card.If they allow you to dive it may be with one of their dm/instr;s going with you as a guide and you be required to pay them for their services above what the charter fee is. Again there is no test,only homeworks(knowledge reviews"..As to "being able to read a compass" that is something that you should have learned about in the entry ow course,it is required at that time... Navigating patterns,being able to measure out distances,estimating air consumption is part of the nav dive for advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom