Best Snorkeling Spots in Carribean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TCAF7

New
Reaction score
Hi there,

Just looking for some advice on some of the best snorkeling spots in the Caribbean. Hopefully someone here can help me out for my next snorkeling adventure. I've been to Grand Cayman, T & C and St. John. All were wonderful experiences. I'm looking for an island with off-shore snorkeling and possibly some excursions as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
TCAF7

cozumel and cuba both have some great snorkelling, and excursions.

It was a while back, but some of the most enjoyable snorkeling I've ever done was at Garrafón Marine National Park on the south point of Isla Mujeres, Mexico (north of Cozumel).

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm checking into all of them. Any other ideas are welcome too.

TCAF7

Best snorkeling I've ever experienced in the Caribbean was at CoCo View in Roatan. Waist deep water goes out from shore a few hundred yards and even on the top of the wall it's only 5-10' deep. The beach area quickly turns to turtle grass which stretches to the beginning of the reef where the grasses yield to corals, mostly lettuce coral but many other varieties as well. The snorkeling area is huge and filled with critters big and small. Moray eels, eagle rays, barracuda, squid, flounder to name a few. I spent more time in the water snorkeling the first and last day there than I did in the 4-5 dives a day in between.

Excursions vary from light aircraft tours of the island, zip lining or a cultural trip to the west end. Can't wait to go back!

Tranquility Bay was the closest you can get to having a reef just outside your cabana door....
One of the reasons it is so great is that there is little to no boat traffic and no jet skis buzzing by you while you are snorkeling.
This resort has it all, good food, good snorkeling from shore, great excursions, the best staff, and the best location for relaxing.

Altarose, did you get the message I sent you on ScubaBoard a few weeks ago?

Culebra has very good shore snorkeling. Roatan & Utila are also very good, some great spots by boat around Water Cay on Utila.

Dave C, Yes, I just got your message and I sent you a new PM, thanks
TCAF7, If interested you can check a post I started, titled "best shore snorkeling in world" it has many replys, some that may be of interest to you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom