Best Tank for a Truth Aquatics Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I use air faster than my buddy who will be diving with a Aluminum 80 and I'd love to bring a bigger tank to try to get longer dives for the both of us.

From what I've read, Truth Aquatics boats don't do real high pressure fills. Am I better off bringing a LP 95 or HP 100?

Thank you so much for any advice you can give. Yes, I've been training to get better air consumption, but I still can't match my buddy :)

Since it is factor of preference. Enclosed is the link for Worthington steel LP and HP you can look at the difference. There are other things to consider when you go from aluminum to steel. spec link

Since it is factor of preference. Enclosed is the link for Worthington steel LP and HP you can look at the difference. There are other things to consider when you go from aluminum to steel. spec link

Thanks for my info... I guess what I'm really asking is considering the average fill on a Truth Aquatics boat, will a LP 95 or HP 100 get me more air?

According to the Truth's website their compressors can fill to 3500 so technically the HP100 has 6 cu ft of air. Personal preference I like the size and feel of the HP 100 vs LP95. I would call and ask Truth Aquatics if they're running the compressors to 3500 fills, they may have them dialed back to 3000 thus giving the LP a better fill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom