Polish sidemount rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geko21

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
This is my first post here. I am going sidemount (from BP/W) and have been looking for sidemount rigs in Europe. I was looking for something razor-like (but not as insanely expensive). I found something strange on a polish site. Has anyone seen or used this rig?

SATEMOUNT1.jpg

SIDEMOUT.jpg

P.S. I am not a troll and this is not an ad or anything, it is a genuine question.

Last edited:
WOW, thanks a lot for the link! It sure seems interesting.
As for the rig I posted, it does not seem to have a flotation device. It was probably designed to be used with a dromedary bag or something. Even probably with some kind of wing... looking at all those holes and stuff on the back.

Last edited:
The Eques is a nice system--some of the guys at Protec in Playa del Carmen use it, and the other student in my sidemount cave class there had one, or a prototype. There's some nice video on the Eques site of Irena diving it in the cenotes. It would be my choice if I didn't have a Razor II.

I built my own "razor" for about $75 then added a sidemount wing. Its really easy to do and I like mine better than the Razor as I was able to pick out what kind of D-rings, attach points for accessories, lights, etc. I also "invented" a way to add weights without having to unstrap the harness to add or having to undo bolts to add/remove like the Razor system requires.

Let me know if you are interested and I can post up some pics.

Hi Skorpiov,

would be nice to see some pics!
I´m just starting to get in to SM and would like to see some DIY..........

ROB

photo3.jpgphoto4.jpg

Heres a couple of shots when I was building it to give you the idea of how the weight system works. The UTD 50lb Z-plus wing fits over the weights, but I left the buckle facing the inside so changing weights is simple. I'll get some pics of the whole system completely assembles as soon as it dries out from the weekend. Did 2 hours with a buddy that needed to get his dives in on his CCR so I scooted around and made sure he didnt go to sleep! LOL

I'd pick up a 2" plastic/acetal side release buckle for abrasion and thickness reduction.

Ron, thanks for the link to the Eques system -- that looks like the perfect compromise between Razor-like minimalism and Nomad flexibility. I'm going to have to stop in at ProTec and look at this, the next time I'm in MX.

Krzysztof is a great tech diver, and if the rig has been tested and used by him, I bet its good and well thought out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom