Instructor / dive shop recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMD

New
Reaction score
Howdy conch divers! We used to be residents of plantation, but relocated to canada about 5 years ago. I fondly remember many LBTS dives while we lived down there and are coming for a visit in November. My son (13) is looking to do his open water dives, and my wife and I may tag along for fun. We're wondering if anyone can recomend a local instructor / dive shop that can help us out with the certification, rentals and maybe some post cert boat dives?

Looking forward to getting back in the warm south florida waters!

Thanks in advance,

James

I have always had good luck with Dixie Divers on Federal Highway in Deerfield Beach, but lately use Force E in Pompano on Atlantic. I have never taken instruction from either, just like the service I've gotten in the shops. Good luck, have fun.

I highly reccomend Gold Coast Scuba divers, as well as their meetup group.
They do shore dives multiple times a week

Gold Coast Scuba » Your Site Name

Their site is still in the works, but call their number for more info.

He can do online learning and then pool sessions once you're in the area.
The shop will set you up with an instructor. Nice people

Howdy conch divers! We used to be residents of plantation, but relocated to canada about 5 years ago. I fondly remember many LBTS dives while we lived down there and are coming for a visit in November. My son (13) is looking to do his open water dives, and my wife and I may tag along for fun. We're wondering if anyone can recomend a local instructor / dive shop that can help us out with the certification, rentals and maybe some post cert boat dives?

Looking forward to getting back in the warm south florida waters!

Thanks in advance,

James

Has your son already done his pool work and just needs his checkout dives? What agency is he using for his certification? I'm a NAUI and SDI instructor based in Pompano Beach and would be happy to do his checkout dives. You can contact me at doug@dougbarkley.com My website is also at Diving with Doug - NAUI and SDI Scuba Classes for South Florida and the Keys.

Thanks Doug that is a good point. Spence is doing his classroom and pool dives at our LDS this weekend so will only need his open water checkout. He is doing it with PADI which seems to be the agency of choice in our neck of the woods (not judging, just saying). Having a private checkout would have been ideal!

For some reason I appear to have 2 accounts on scubaboard, this was the more active one so I'm switching to it, weird? At any rate thanks for reminding me about Dixie Divers Joe thats where we used to get fills, I couldn't remember the name. If I can't find a private instructor I will try and hook up with them.

Thanks for all the responses,

James

I'd recommend Capt. Pete at US1 Scuba in Pompano. I did my AOW with him and he was experienced and thorough. Nearly 30 years of experience.

Rey

Id recommend Thomas homer from divers cove in plantation.
Totally thorough and friendly. He did the wife ow, aow, nitrox and soon rescue, to ally trust him and always recommend him.
Pm me if you want his info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom