Gear Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VTernovski

Contributor
Reaction score
So, with my new Tetra 5050 package and all my gear that I can add up, it's about $5000 to $6000 worth of diving equipment... I am going to Bonaire in 2 weeks, and considering insuring everything with H2OInsurance...

The question are:

1) does this cover theft? I heard this is a problem in Bonaire that poeple steal stuff form your car and sometimes fro your room. Will this insurance cover me from a total theft? What will I need to claom it? a police report?

2) What about damage (or theft for that matter too) to my gear by transportation, i.e. Airport people, taxi, etc... Will this be covered?

3) what if I flood or lose my gear while diving (Camera, housing and strobes as well as light canister), I understand the deductable for flooding is higher than a lose??? How do they know if I flood it vs. the clip broke and equipment sank to the bottom where I couldn't recover it, i.e. total lose.

4) Do I have to specify each peice of equipment in a separate line? or can I do somehting like "Light & Motion Terta 5050 Travel Package I with Olympus C-5050 Camera - $3489

5) Last but not least, do I specify the list price or the actual price that I paid? How do they evaluate the price? Do I need to present the original receipt that I paid?

6) Any other things I do not know about, or youhad some experience, tips or suggestions you want to share with me?

These are all questions better answered by the insurance carrier...

I called them (h2oinsurance) to inquire about some of these same items, a while back, and they were very helpful to answer all my questions. i would suggest giving them a call...

Chuck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom