Mag 4 Mask leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yankeestudent

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
last fall i bought a mag 4 mask and this summer it separated from the corner of the lens and started leaking,Ok dealer says sherwood will replace,has now been 6 weeks and now sherwood says it will be 6 weeks after dema,not sure what the problem is as i have seen less expensive masks that state on them lifetime warranty!!
I feel that this is poor service on the company part and i am not happy.

Sorry to hear about your mask. We are experiencing delays and apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact the dealer about maybe getting another mask instead of the Mag 4 since you are not able to wait. We are offering good service by replacing the mask and again apologize for the delay. You can either wait or have your mask replaced with another model that we do have in stock. Thank you for your understanding.

Hummm not much of an offer then is it,i bought that model because of the readers,us older divers need them.Guess it will be SPRING before i get my mask replaced?????

Check with your lds about a temp loaner with dive optix added! These are like add in reading glasses. I work at a sherwood dealer and know that some products are behind because of subcontactors lagging, it happens, but never a comfy feeling for diver or the shop involved. Hope it all comes together soon.

Yankeestudent: Again, we apologize for the delay. We feel we are standing behind our product 100% by offering a complete replacement and we are sorry to hear you do not feel we are standing behind our product. We have even offered another model of mask to accomodate us not having that style available now. Yes, if you require the small lenses then you will need to wait. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes i agree you are willing to replace a defective product,kudos,but i do feel it should be done in a timely fashion,ie 2-3 weeks,6-12 weeks i feel is rediculous,but thanks anyway.

Ok Sherwood it has been since Oct.12.2011,and i still have no definate word on my mask replacement.I fell that 4 months is a little excessive to wait but that is not the fault of my dealer he has no word from you either.WILL SHERWOOD be replacing my mask or do i need to deal with another company??? I live in the north with a short dive season BUT i am going on vacation in MARCH WILL I have a new MAG 4 for that vacation???????

Well just dang. I just bought a Mag Four and dove it this w/e. I love it, BUT had I known there would be poor CS like this I would have ponied up for the XS reader mask. It is a little pricy but Edge/HOG stands behind their gear. Yankee where are you going on vacation in March? And no Sherwood, if you haven't replaced the mask in a timely manner (4 months, seriously??), then you can't claim you are standing behind the product. I guess I'll be writing off my mask if it goes south. Bummer.

Back
Top Bottom