Land locked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jxh2297

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was thinking tonight and I realized I need to move and get closer to dive locations! In the DFW Texas area and the closest divable lake is 2 hours away. The coast is about 6 hours and then you have to go a ways off shore for the vis to be decent. Caves are 16 hours away. Really got me thinking that life is to short to be land locked

Aint that the god damn
forsaken truth, brother!

Move or start digging

I hear you have that nice little DFW airport.

Greetings Jxh297 and it does pose some restrictions when wanting to do quick dives.
I live in sticksville with Amish neighbors NO JOKE!
I drive an hour or more just to visit a quarry or pool not to mention closest airport is Indy to go anywhere internationally.

Being land locked does have its down side but it also makes you focus your dives and vacation dollars.
My time and cash go primarily to dive trips and training.
I take every opportunity even poor vis to dive and hone skills.
When I get my chance to dive I am on it!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

I live in Colorado, a very long drive to any coast. I am 40 miles from the lake we train in from June through October. As soon as I win the lottery, or an obscure relative dies and leaves me a fortune, we are headed to somewhere where it never snows and where the water is salty and the viz in good. Please feel free to make suggestions as to the best place. (Warm water responders only, please)
DivemasterDennis

I suggest florida springs, same temp and same vis( most of the time) year round. That would be my dream. I'm going diving Christmas day in florida this year lol

Yeah, I'm land-locked too. Central Ohio, bordering Swamp Erie. I got tired of mud-bottomed lakes and stone quarries years ago and only dive in salt water which usually entails a 1000 mile airplane ride to the nearest warm ocean. In other words: SE Florida or the Upper Keys. The cost, the BS at the airport and the four to six hour trip are all worth it though. But...after about three days in the sterile atmosphere of South Florida....I'm quite ready to return to the North. I don't think I could take more than a week down there.

Yup, landlocked here, too. But we dive in the lakes, quarries, springs, and even rivers to get underwater and refresh skills and simply have some fun once in a while. When we have the chance, road trips to more exotic destinations (Florida, for example...12 hours away, but worth it) provide a change of venue. Of course, everyone looks forward to those "even more exotic" trips into the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean. It all works. One just has to be adaptable!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom