What tire for a HOG rig?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am putting together a new rig for rec diving. When you get a bicycle tire to cut for your HOG webbing, what size inner tube do you get? Is it a standard size? Not much of a pedal pusher, so just wondering if one size or type fits better. Thanks

Thanks Jim,
I wasn't sure if there was different size inner tubes or if they were pretty standard.

If you have a bicycle shop in your area, just ask them for some of their flats. I'm sure they wouldn't charge you, and you'd have a wide variety of sizes to take home to try out.

If your local university has a student run bike shop there is a pile of flat inner-tubes waiting for a new home.

Could someone enlighten me as to what you're using these pieces of tire for? A picture might be worth a thousand words here. Thanks! (Just starting to learn this stuff!)

They can also be used on the waist strap to secure excess webbing. I use both of my rigs for wet and dry suit diving and to allow students to try out. So my waist strap is not trimmed as much as it would be. On the buckle side I fold the excess back and secure it with the bands. Also allows me to mount my Dalton knife horizontal and have easy access while the waist strap from the right side covers it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Forgot about that. I slide the excess waist strap through the knife sheath. The inner tuber can be a PITA to manipulate with drygloves on.

Also allows me to mount my Dalton knife horizontal and have easy access while the waist strap from the right side covers it

Seems like an easy way to lose a knife? Is this really secure enough? As opposed to mounting the knife holder permanently through the webbing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom