Beach Diving spots @ Fort Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danuka

New
Reaction score
Hi All,

Please recommend "best" beach diving locations / spots @ Fort Lauderdale for AOW divers... Which ones do you prefer most / why?

TIA.

Any beach access where there is parking.

As for ''advanced'', it all depends on the conditions I suppose. I did a dive saturday morning at the same location we always dive, but there was moderate surge and swell. I would say that was a little more advanced than some of the glassy condition dives i've done.

You can google it for specific answers im sure.

So, would you say all spots around Fort Lauderdale are similar in terms of marine life + corals? Do you guys prefer any particular one over others?

I'd say the reef near Commercial Pier is the best, but I like doing the Dania Ero Jacks the most. The reef at the south end of the Dania Beach park is good too.

There's nothing AOW about any beach dive around here. Just use common sense, if its rough out or there's a bit more current than usual, don't go out. It's always good to have someone that knows the dive to go out with you the first few times.

As far as the absolute best beach dive, Blue Heron Bridge.

South Florida Beach Diving Sites - Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach

There's some places.

Personally i've dove at Datura Avenue in LBTS, which has a pretty nice reef, just don't meander under the pier or you might get caught...literally

Ive dove SE 2nd street in pompano, just south of the Atlantic Ave pier, unfortunately we swam past the first reef, and probably made it 3/4's of the way to the drop off (I think the drop off is off that). The reef there was different, but still awesome

BTW, we will be arriving later this month, and accuweather is showing showers / rain. How is the water / visibility when it rains? Murky? Any danger?

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom