Best shore dive in Laguna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highveelocity

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Me and the wife are going to Laguna tomorrow for a shore dive. We have dove Shaw's Cove quite a few times, but would like to try a new place in Laguna that is interesting. Any ideas?

I love Shaw's, but if I weren't going there, I'd probably head to Deadman's. Great site, but an awful kick (we usually take scooters, so not so bad). Heisler is definitely good, too. So many sites, really hard to go wrong. Have fun!

Heisler Park has a wide ramp down to the beach. From the street to the beach, maybe 125 yds?
Moss St. you can park pretty close to the stairs if you get there fairly early in the A.M. 2 flights of stairs..not too bad....

I love me some woods cove when the surf is small and no surge. Heisler Park has some nice kelp just off the beach. Dead Man's is quite a kick and the last time I went by Crescent they were working on the stairs and parking sucked. But that was on a weekend morning, not during the week.

As Rainer said, there are plenty of good sites to choose from.

1,000 steps is my favorite Laguna Beach site, but it's a killer to get to and get back up to PCH after the dive. There is an arch you can swim through and lots of marine life near the north end of the beach.

Me and the wife are going to Laguna tomorrow for a shore dive. We have dove Shaw's Cove quite a few times, but would like to try a new place in Laguna that is interesting. Any ideas?

So where did you end up going and did you like it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom