note to self-how much stuff do you find?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

j yaeger

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
?
i have a friend who keeps every freakin' bottle he finds......
i,however,am much more refined.....right
anchors,fishing gear,masks,guns,...cameras etc.
sell or keep as treasure..find owner?

Last edited:
Every bottle as in every antique bottle, or just every random piece or trash?

antique bottles, of course!!!!
maybe
just mucked the "baths"out for winter.
another 5 bottles-"antiques" did appear...nice ones at least!

I try to pick up as much trash as I find, but certain sites have different levels of trash.

As for the goodies :wink:

I have 47 dives and have found:
2 dive knives
2 weight belts
10 lb hip weight
3 lb led weight and 3 lb soft weight

That's all I can recall

Firearms should be presented to the police, insist on getting it back if possible after everything passes missing/stolen lists. You really don't want to keep something that could get you in deep puppy poop later on down the road. You might be supplying a large piece to a puzzle.

Over the years I've found a reasonable amount of gear ... including a dive computer. Most times I find something I'll post around local forums, contact local dive shops and clubs, trying to reunite it with its rightful owner. If it's valuable, somebody out there's generally gonna be pretty actively looking to see if someone found it.

One time I found a pair of fins in about 25 feet of water. From the markings on the fins it was pretty easy to identify that they were rentals, and from which dive shop. So I called the shop to arrange to return them. They didn't want them back. Turns out they'd charged the person who rented them a $160 loss fee for a pair of fins that you could buy brand new for about $105. Ah well ... a sale is a sale, I guess. I have not recommended that particular shop to anyone since ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I've found two knives, a powerhead, an old coke bottle, and lots of fossils.

I've seen bottles during my dive but never took any to the surface with me. I don't generally find gear or lost items on any dives. Remember, I'm the member who loses stuff. :crying:

I do find lots of underwater critters. :D

I've found some decent fishing gear, and fossils, and only junky bottles. And plenty of trash/litter of course.

I'm assuming by "stuff" you mean physical stuff, not serenity, relaxation or other fluffy nonsense like that.

On a fossil dive a few weeks ago, another diver on the boat found her own collection bag (with a nice tooth) which she had lost the day before. Pretty lucky!

Have not had much luck with picking up trash.

That plastic grocery bag floating along at about 50 feet was really a jelly fish.

And the tin can in the sand was really the toy of an octopus who was not about to give it up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom