Lobster Walk 10/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reck Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
15' of water. What a hoot! Any one else get in on it?

Reck;
Please do not take this the wrong way........
And I mean this with respect......

You suck.

Chug
LOL
(RATS!)

Lots of lobsters on the main ledges today in Jupiter.

Two boats; 9 divers caught their limit; bugs are out there.

Limited again on Fri & Today. As good as I've ever seen it!

I limited on Saturday off the beach. All nice sized. Friday I got 3 and turned 5 shorts away..

Of course the next question is you all have fishing licenses with crawfish stamps, right? Or a lifetime fishing license? Many people actually do not realize that in almost every case you need one. In some rare exceptions a charter boat may have a boat wide license but this is usually not the case.

I am positive I will win no popularity votes with this post. But conservation is a subject I care deeply about, and ignorance is annoying, So here goes.

Umm. Yes it is quite against the law to help your friends out. I strongly recommend you guys to go back and read the regulations. They are no joking matter. I posted them a few posts back. Might save you several thousand in fines. FWC will check charter boats too. They were over by Lauderdale By the Sea checking beach divers two days ago. So if you think they dont care that much, your wrong. They will hold you to the letter of the law. Never underestimate a game warden. They have more power than the local police, and usually do not play with poachers. Which is essentially what helping out friends is. If you are in the water with lobster in your bag, you own them. In the water with shorts in your bag? You have harvested shorts. In the water with 7 bugs in your bag? Once again, guilty. Carapace exactly 3"?? Busted again. Each person in possession of lobster doesnt have a measuring device? busted again. I am not trying to throw a morality noose around your discussion, or say that I am perfect - but it is not the brightest idea to commit a crime and then post publicly about it, and continue to make light of it. Oh yeah one last thing - Relying on the charter boat license? They have a daily bag limit of 250, FYI. I wonder how many charter boat captains are aware of that?

Ignorance is no excuse for the law, and if I were you guys I would BEG the moderator to delete this thread. If you think that's being paranoid, think again - Read this - The POPO have eyes and do check online all the time!! Iguanas - Couple Arrested for posting Images of them eating endangered Iguana

We have enough problems with people PURPOSELY poaching. Dont allow your ignorance to trap you into huge fines and jail time. Hunting laws are there for a reason and should be understood and respected. If for no other reason, your own good!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom