Frameless Mask is Made In Where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

impulse

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I have ordered a frameless mask from Amazon.com and the mask was sent from Primescuba. I got the mask a few days ago. On the plastic box of the mask it is written "Made In Taiwan". So is that mean dive rite frameless masks are made in Taiwan? I do not see any clue on the mask it self about the country that it was produced. I was thinking that dive rite frameless masks are made in u.s.a. what is the reality? thanks.

Inter-global multiculturalism.

Also allows access to a variety of unique peoples and their foodstuffs

Most companies select masks made by OEM producers in Asia and have them branded accordingly. Even the ones you think are unique to one brand or another are made this way- they simply pay a little more to have that particular model be exclusive for awhile.

Of course there are some exceptions, but for the most part most masks, fins and snorkels are mass produced in Asia for dive companies around the world.

R&D done in the US, contract manufacturing done in Taiwan.

Long long ago, companies would have an idea, get investors, develop the product, build or expand a factory, manufacture a product, develop a distribution network and finally sell their product. It was a long, hard and expensive process. In today's regulatory climate it is nearly impossible to open a new manufacturing facility in the US (and especially California) unless you are already well established and have political connections (think Solyndra).

Its a lot easier (and cheaper) to do a little bench-top R&D and hire a contract manufacturer.

well my aqualung rocket fins are made in USA, my teknika mask is made in italy and my bcd is made in bulgaria. so who really has the biggest portion of the market? i mean among all which is the biggest diving equipment producer of the world ?

in conculision, do you think that diving equipment those made in asia has the quality like the ones that were once made in their orginal country?

Hi impulse,

Our masks are Made in Taiwan, not the USA. The products which are Made in the U.S.A. are marked on our website. Otherwise, the product is made overseas in Europe or Asia.

Hope this helps,
Kathleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom