BHB and YBR water temps and viz 10-22, 10-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idive2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did Blue Heron Bridge Saturday evening and Yellow Brick Road Sunday mid morning.
Viz was very similar at both locations, diveable but less than good. I was surprised with
the lower water temps. At Blue Heron Bridge I showed 79F and a cool 77F at depths of
about 18ft at Hollywood.

Yeah, if I dive through the winter this year I will definitely be picking
up a 5mm. Going back through my log book I see very few dives from
December through March, a 5mm may change that a bit.

I got 79° at BHB last week and 77-76° off Hollywood Beach. Brrr....

Gonna have to put on a shorty for now..probably my 3mil by mid November..I've been getting away with a diveskin through last week.

But then, I'm the naturally the warm and insulated type...Jenny's worked hard and quite successfully to shed her internal insulation this past year!

LOL thanks, Bill.
I was a bit chilled with my 2 piece 3mm! need to add a hood, I think that will do wonders, despite how much I hate them!

Jenny, have you tried a beanie as opposed to the hood ? I have a henderson gold core
3mm that seems to keep me a bit warmer as the water temps begin dropping. It won't
replace a hood when the water gets a lot cooler but I find it works pretty good when the
temps start dropping a bit from our summer water temperatures.

I have a beanine in the bottom of a dive bag somewhere, LOL. Got to find it.

I dug my 3mil out of the closet this morning and tried it on for the first time since April

It seems to have shrunk.

Sigh...

At least my beanie and gloves still fit.

hate when that happens...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom